It was a wonderfully, bittersweet morning as I watched our youngest drive off with his bride. His whole life passed in front of me, the day he was born, the sweet nurisousment as I held him, the marty allen hair-dos, the first day of school, the way he knew how I was feeling and give me hugs or laugh with me, the day he came home and said he wasn't going out for 7th grade football cuzz he was one of two white boys, the day he graduated from 8th grade (where his football team went undefeated), his first crush, his rapid advancement in Bulldog football, his great senior year, his football scholarship to EAC, his 2 trial years at EAC, his mission call, his labor in field for the Lord, his ability with the black people and Tongans, his homecoming, his decisions (again trials) on how he can play football, his first date with Amber since they were home at the same time, him falling head over heels in love, the trying semester at ASU, their courting time and now his wedding to a very awesome individual!!!!!!!! I can't help but tear-up as I reread this but as I see how I now felt with all our married children and I went through the exact same feelings I love my Heavenly Father even more!! This family will stand the test of time because of our love for each other and the strength we gather from each other. So no more tears (until in the sealing room) and we will now be that much stronger with Amber in our family!!! Thank you Heather, Tifani, Shawna and C.J. for living your lives as you have and are to find such awesome eternal mates!! Thank you Rex for supporting them and your father and I and I pray you will live your life in such a way as to find some one who will touch your heart and spirit as Heavenly Father would have them do!!!!!
I love you all!!!!
1 comment:
Sue, I wonder sometimes why I wasn't born into your family. I love my mom and dad...but..well, I long for that close relationship you have and your kids have with each other. Same belief's, same goals. And a love that truly is unconditional. We all get along as long as I don't mention Christ. It is really hard. I love reading about you and all of your testimony's. Thank you for sharing them with us. I am so proud that my middle name is Sue. I hope to make you proud as well as my Father in Heaven. You are a great mom Sue. To be honest, I feel like Ryan is growing up so fast. I never want him to leave me but I know that one day he must. So, for now, I hold him and kiss him and laugh with him every chance I get. Thank you for your amazing example!
Post a Comment