Sunday, January 16, 2011

Edward Jones: Making Sense of Investing

Edward Jones: Making Sense of Investing


This is my "swan song"!!! How I love working for this company under the tuledge of Kerry Lawson!!! I was released from my job of ten years at Safford High School due to budget cuts. It was heart-breaking and with me being the insurance staple, I felt trapped. It so happened an Edward Jones was looking for a full time BOA (branch office administrator), so I went to apply. The husband and wife team thought I fit what they were looking for so I felt confident I had the job. After a phone call from the FA telling me it was with much struggling they decided to hire a BOA with 5 years experience, thanks but no thanks. Come to find out, she was from Kerry's office and Kerry was told by her she was going back to school. Now an Edward Jones office usually contains only a FA and a BOA. Kerry was alone for 3 weeks, taking care of EVERYTHING he had his BOA do. I got another call from Edward Jones' corporate office of this part-time job and went to Kerry's office where he had hired Gayle Wright. I met with Kerry and even though I needed a F/T job with benefits, I knew this is where I needed to be!! Best decision of my life, Gayle is my sister-friend and even though Kerry is an A-typical personality and can be very moody, I LOVE MY JOB!!!!!

2 comments:

Tifani said...

you are much happier now too!!!luv ya mom

Shawna said...

I'm so glad you love your job. I know you miss the ladies from the school office and the kids at the school but it's just peace of mind knowing you're happier. I'm happy for you mom! love you!